Do you use Instagram? I do. You can find me here. But I don’t use it for business, instead it’s just for personal/fun use. Honestly, I don’t really know how to put it to use for my business. Kind of like Pinterest – that’s also another one I haven’t really figured out how to make work for my business.
Oh yeah, back to Instagram…
I know there are some people who use it for business and make it work for them. So I know it can work, it’s just a matter of figuring out what works for you/your market. And I came across a post over on Brains on Fire that was all about six brands who are making Instagram work for them. It didn’t really give much insight into what they’re doing to make it work for them, but I did find these statistics interesting:
- 70% of Instagram users check their feed at least once a day, 35 % several times a day.
- 71% of the world’s top brands are on Instagram.
- Instagram photos with faces get 35% more comments than those without.
- Instagram is more popular than Twitter amongst US smartphone users.
- 57% of the top brand marketers are averaging at least one post a week.
I had no idea that 71% of the top brands were using Instagram or that smartphone users make/find Instagram more popular than Twitter. Interesting!
Is it really as “simple” as just sharing photos of your brand/product/service, etc? I would love to know more about the marketing strategy these top brands have in place when it comes to Instagram. Because I’m sure there has to be one. It really can’t be as simple as throwing up a few pictures here and there!
Check out this article 6 Brands Killing It On Instagram to find out who these brands are and what they’re doing right.