A couple weeks ago I created a video to check in about the Content Curation challenge I was participating in. For 21 straight days I shared a piece of content that I found to be valuable, fun or helpful. The challenge was great – for a number of reasons:
- Quick – Curating content is a lot quicker than creating a new blog post
- Accountability – we had to check in on a forum every day with a link to our curated content
- Routine – they say it takes 21 days for a habit to form…and I believe it. The challenge ended yesterday and I feel “lost” now 😉
- Up to date – the challenge helped me stay up to date on blogs I’ve been following in my feedly.com account but hadn’t been checking very often
- Traffic – I saw a nice increase in my traffic during the 21 day challenge (see screenshot below)
The last thing I mentioned above was an increase in my traffic during the challenge. Here is a screenshot image of my Google Analytics:
The image is a little hard to see so I’ll break it down for you.
- Date Range: July 21 – Aug 10 (the 21 days before the challenge) vs August 11 – 31 (the 21 days of the challenge)
- Users: 288 during the 21 day challenge vs 187 the 21 days before =’s an increase of 54.01%
- Pageviews: 971 during the 21 day challenge vs 367 the 21 days before =’s an increase of 164.58%
The statistics say it all – curating content for 21 days did a great deal for my traffic! While I probably won’t continue to do it daily, I will definitely be curating content on a regular basis. If you haven’t picked up your copy of Smart Curation Skills, I highly recommend you grab it now:
You can see my curated posts here:
- Not sure what to blog about? Here are 100 ideas
- These 5 Tips Will Show You How To Unplug So You Can Enjoy Vacation
- Why it’s better to start small
- Simple Formula for Writing Better Headlines
- Do you suffer from impostor syndrome?
- Smart Phones and Live Events Go Hand in Hand
- Is it really as simple as sharing photos?
- Can’t we be authentic and make an impact in the world?
- Google Analytics and SEO: What You Need to Know
- Ready for a Challenge? (Get Rid of Your Inner Critic)
- What You Should Know About LinkedIn Posting
- Are You Making These Blogging Mistakes? (Rules you need to ditch now)
- Content Creators Be Aware: 5 Words You Should Avoid
- Important Google Chrome Extensions
- Women business owners you need to read this
- How to Twitter Marketing Tips
- How to Change Negative Thinking: Affirmations
- Do you follow a well balanced blog diet?
- How to make the most of a live event
- 5 Steps To Overcoming Limitations
- 2 Tips for Mastering Productivity