Do you ever find yourself staring at a blank screen, wondering what in the world you’re going to write about for your next blog post? If so, you’re not alone. Coming up with fresh ideas for blog posts can be tough, especially if you feel like you’ve already covered everything there is to cover in your industry.
Luckily, there are a few methods you can use to jump-start your creativity and come up with some great ideas for new blog posts. So if you’re feeling stuck, don’t despair!
5 Easy Ways To Come Up With Blog Post Ideas
1. Answer common questions from customers or clients.
A quick way to come up with blog post ideas is to answer questions that your customers or clients commonly ask. Not only will this solve your writer’s block, but it will also provide valuable information for your community. Got a question that you get asked all the time? There’s your next blog post!
Bonus Tip: reach out to your community and invite them to ‘Ask Me Anything’ (AMA). When you do this, be sure to invite them to ask you anything about the topic you wish to answer – don’t leave it open to ask you anything about whatever they want 😉 For example, my coach Kelly McCausey invited her community to ‘Ask Me Anything’ about content creation. Here is an example of how she used these AMA questions to create content.
2. Share tips or hacks related to your industry.
If you’re looking for an easy way to come up with fresh content, try sharing tips or hacks related to your industry. These types of posts are always popular because they offer readers quick and easy ways to improve their lives or businesses. Plus, they tend to be fairly quick and easy to write, which is a bonus if you’re short on time.
3. Highlight a recent change or development in your industry.
Stay current with recent changes or developments in your industry by highlighting them in a blog post. This is a great way to show that you’re keeping up with the latest trends and demonstrate your expertise at the same time. Your readers will appreciate being kept in the loop, and you’ll have an easy topic to write about! Win-win!
Word of warning: while it can be a great way to keep your community updated on new changes, keep in mind this more than likely won’t be evergreen content. For example, if you’re writing about a recent change on a social platform, Instagram for example, that content more than likely won’t be relevant in a year or even a few months!
4. Share a personal story related to your business.
Sharing a personal story related to your business is a great way to add some personality to your content and connect with your readers on a more personal level. We all love a good story, so this is an easy way to pique your readers’ interest and keep them coming back for more! Plus, it doesn’t hurt that personal stories tend to be pretty quick and easy to write—a win for busy solopreneurs!
5. Keep a running list of ideas.
Some people are compulsive note-takers and list makers (raising my hand here! lol). Carry around a little notebook or use the notes app on your phone to jot down ideas as they come to you. That way, when you sit down to write, you already have a list of potential topics to choose from.
I know I said 5 tips, but there are so many ways to come up with blog post ideas. Here are some more ideas for you:
- Read A Lot: Don’t limit yourself to writing only. Reading a lot can help you come up with loads of ideas. Read widely, and you’ll probably find it’s even better. Best of all, read something that challenges your ideas about something and it’ll be sure to generate loads of great blog post ideas for you.
- Ask Lots Of Questions: Get into the habit of asking questions about anything and everything. Why isn’t that abandoned old building being used for something? How did this banana get all the way to the supermarket? How is this computer made? What kinds of bacteria live in the fridge? The more questions you ask, the better. Every question asked is a potential to spark a blog post idea!
- Look at your Google Analytics data: Google Analytics is a goldmine of information about your website visitors and what they’re interested in. Take a look at which of your blog posts are getting the most traffic and consider writing a follow-up post or doing a series on that topic. You can also look at the keywords people are using to find your website and use that as inspiration for future blog posts.
- Check out what’s trending on social media: Social media is a great way to see what people are talking about and what’s important to them right now. Pay attention to what topics are trending on Twitter and Facebook and consider writing about those topics on your blog. Just be sure to put your own spin on it so that your post isn’t just regurgitating what everyone else is saying.
There’s no need to spend hours staring at a blank screen wondering what to write about for your next blog post! By using one (or more) of the methods described above, you can easily come up with fresh ideas for new content that will engage and inform your readers. So what are you waiting for? Get started brainstorming those blog post ideas today!